Financial Controller / Office Manager
We’re looking for an awesome Financial Controller / Office Manager in Bucharest who breaks records in optimism, dependability and ability to nurture office morale. Why the enthusiasm, you ask?
If so, code11 is growing and we need you on our team. code11 has been built brick by brick with Agile core values and cutting edge development technologies. We power start-ups and work in innovation programs as their tech partner, because we believe that there is always a better way to do it, whether it’s methodology, technology or digital transformation. We’ve grown our company organically and need a passionate Operations Manager to join us as we take it to the next level. Someone who is not afraid to challenge the status quo and leap into tomorrow.
As our Financial Controller / Office Manager, you are the chief of good vibes in code11 Romania, working with the team to make sure that our office runs smoothly. That means you will be involved in many aspects of its operation, from financial and project Controlling, to HR, Admin and even some basic Accounting tasks. This role is a new one in code11, so you will have a lot of say in how it develops.
Project & Financial Controlling: Strong bookkeeping / accounting skills needed to oversee the day to day company and project financial activities. Ensure that the financial reporting and accounting is done and compliant. You will work with the reporting and controlling system to create monthly management reports (accounts, expenses, payroll, reconciliations, margins, summaries, forecasts etc. Manage our timesheet reports, in preparation for billing. Provide financial analysis, including month end processing, management review of budget vs actuals, as well as trends. Coordinate and direct the preparation of budget / estimates and offer assistance in creating them. Make sure bill / debt payments are done right and on time. Do invoicing on Code11 Romania projects.
Culture and Community: Own our team events and engagement efforts, from teambuildings, birthdays, celebrations and conferences. You will be the frontline in discovering and organising these events. Come up with new ways we can show appreciation to our lovely people. Build relationships in the IT Community.
HR: Handle the first stages of the recruitment pipeline, from posting jobs, to scheduling interviews. Make new Code11 team members feel like the rockstars they are by taking charge of their onboarding. Create and correctly file HR Admin documents as needed. Work together with our payroll company to make sure we’re always on the right side of the law. Create and update HR reports.
Admin: Establish great relationships with our vendors, while still looking for the best offers on the market for our needs. Stock us up with delicious snacks, cool stationery and other needs. Help us with making reservations and travel arrangements. Fix issues in our office before they become big deals.
Clients/Users: Be the Chief Hospitality Officer for our clients, suggesting things to do in Bucharest and places to visit. You’re obsessed with great customer experiences.
- And since this is an Office Manager job, be prepared for surprise assignments that will challenge you.
You are someone who has:
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in financial controlling
- Worked with Smartbill.ro
- Constant customer focus, together with strong analytical and financial skills.
- Flawless English and Romanian, both written and verbal
- A positive attitude on life and unparalleled flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to self-organize, multitask and deliver with great quality
- Great communication skills and professional ethic
- The confidence to raise problems and stand your ground when you know you’re right
- Proficiency in using Google Drive suite and MS Office suite
- Dropbox, Slack, (Jira / Confluence stack nice to have)
- Solution-oriented mind with a strong attention to detail
- High empathy and always thrived when working with people
We’re a close-knit team of explorers and doers in Norway and Romania. We believe that every person should work on meaningful things that make them and our partners happy. All of our people enjoy the autonomy to make an impact on the company, and the responsibility to make it a reality. For us, technology is not a goal in itself, it’s the medium by which we enact change in the lives of others.
- Competitive compensation (depending on your experience level, 900-1500 EUR net)
- First class private medical insurance
- 300 RON / month flexible benefit budget for meal tickets, transportation, sports etc.
- Discounts via our benefit provider (benefits.ro)
- Flexible working time (so long as you're available 10-15 EET core hours)
- Work from home if you need it
- Office in the center of town (10m walk from Unirii)
- Pool table, chill area, ping pong, fussball, small gym inside the office
- Stand-up desks
- Great hardware (say goodbye to 3 minutes for a simple npm install)
- Regular team events
Want more details? Come grab a coffee with us so we can talk more about a career out of the ordinary in code11.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.