Chief Operating Officer (Technical/DevOps/Sysadmin)
If we were to interview your former colleagues, they would say you made their team, organisation and business better. In a year, we want to celebrate your successes with code11 and look forward to more. Are you ready to grow? We have the place and space for you.
code11 has been built brick by brick with Agile core values and cutting edge development technologies. We power start-ups and work in innovation programs as their tech partner, because we believe that there is always a better way to do it, whether it’s methodology, technology or digital transformation. We’ve grown our company organically and need a passionate Chief Operating Officer based in Bucharest, to join the Romanian team as we take it to the next level. Someone who is not afraid to challenge the status quo and leap into tomorrow.
As the Chief Operating Officer (DevOps/Sysadmin) of code11 Romania, you will be responsible for designing, improving and implementing our operational pipeline, coordinating with development, product, admin and sales team members to deliver on our promises of high quality, innovative solutions. You will also have a direct hand in growing the code11 team along the lines of the Agile Manifesto, building bridges within the community and nurturing our company’s values.
Operations: Apply best practices in business, develop operational metrics & KPI, as well as evaluate and report on operations to the group. Work together with the CEO to bring strategy to life. Analyze and suggest new processes, or drive change management for improvements.
Product Management: Apply a data-driven product mindset to ensure that our clients and internal products are successful, depending on whether they are start-ups or digital transformation projects
Clients/Users: Design our processes for the optimal client experience
Team: Build and mentor a team of high performing, high potential people, with an eye to raise leaders in-house. Plan and allocate capacity to cover all of our initiatives.
Tech: Work with the Tech Lead to recommend and implement a quality-driven, Agile technical pipeline, starting from infrastructure and up to delivery. Collaborate with Tech Lead on security measures, product development and IT acquisitions.
Financial: Establish operational budgets, make sure we stick to them and report to partners on targets.
Culture & Community: Nurture a positive culture that rewards collaboration and communication. Reach out to other companies and make allies in the community, to expand code11’s horizon.
You are someone who has:
- 6+ years of experience in technical leadership roles, either in leading a development/DevOps team, or a product team.
- Advanced knowledge of modern development pipeline (e.g. CI/CD, Docker, Ambassador, AWS, noSQL DBs)
- Worked in an Agile environment, maybe in a startup (e.g. Lean Startup, Design Thinking Kanban, Scrum)
- Built high performance teams and/or has scaled a company
- Worked with uncertainty and ambiguity, at the edge of your comfort zone and has grown
- Excellent communication skills, across departments, boundaries, thresholds, in public, in 1:1s, analogue or digital
- Worked with multicultural teams and understands flat hierarchies
- High empathy and always thrived when working with people
- Taken responsibility of their world and delivered on their promises
We’re a close-knit team of explorers and doers in Norway and Romania. We believe that every person should work on meaningful things that make them and our partners happy. All of our people enjoy the autonomy to make an impact on the company, and the responsibility to make it a reality. For us, technology is not a goal in itself, it’s the medium by which we enact change in the lives of others.
- Competitive compensation (depending on your experience level, 3000-4500 EUR net)
- First class private medical insurance
- 300 RON / month flexible benefit budget for meal tickets, transportation, sports etc.
- Discounts via our benefit provider (benefits.ro)
- Flexible working time (so long as you're available 10-15 EET core hours)
- Work from home if you need it
- Office in the center of town (10m walk from Unirii)
- Pool table, chill area, ping pong, fussball, small gym inside the office
- Stand-up desks
- Great hardware (say goodbye to 3 minutes for a simple npm install)
- Regular team events
Want more details? Come grab a coffee with us so we can talk more about a career out of the ordinary in code11.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.